Friday, November 02, 2007

When I tried to take a photo ...

After getting this new FZ50, I got hooked on to it. I saw a photo of a friend of mine with that moving effect of a bus on one of the London bridges. Reminded me of the photo I took during my parents visit and I had created the same effect, by chance, when I didn't know the shutter speed and all that. Now that I know and I have a cam, wanted to try creating that shot.

(From Joe's album ... See Joe's blog from the links)
Took my cam out on to the street and was experimenting. Couple of cars passed ... then I saw a car stopping by my side and the voice from inside asked "Why are you taking the picture of my vehicle?!". I was taken aback! I thought it was police and I had this apprehension already whether I can take snaps on roads and common traffic. Luckily it wasn't police. The guy who crossed turned all the way back to check what I was doing. "Dude I am just experimenting with my new cam!". He said, "It is illegal to take photo of a moving vehicle".

It just ended there. But, what nonsense! It is illegal to take picture of a moving vehicle ... ?? Is it OK to take a picture of non moving vehicle?? Anyways, I was just happy I did not get into any trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Sorgamae endraalum adhu namma oora paolae varumaa? :)

    We can go straight to a biker... ask him to stop and then take a snap! :)

    ReplyDelete