Monday, June 16, 2008

Tragic end to the rolling mouse ...

Of all the gadgets I use, my favorite is the mouse; or at least used to be. I used to share my feelings to the mouse! The force of my mouse clicks, the force of my drag, my silly fidgeting of the little device all used to reveal my emotions!

The best feature of the mouse used to be the 'mouse ball'. You can dismantle it and play with the ball when you have had enough clicking to do on your PC. Half the time, the mouse would get struck and if you remove the ball, clean the wheels it used to run better. It was good time pass. Then this innocuous middle-click. Not many applications recognizes this button and you can keep clicking it - 1. To frustrate people 2. To make people believe you are working

Now, its all replaced with LED trackings and laser trackings. Then there is wireless mouse; size has shrunk; There is a wheel instead of middle click. And when it doesnt have a wire (and not resemble a mouse), how can we still call it a mouse. Gone are those days of mouse, makes me nostalgic!

Smiles,
Vinayak

10 comments:

  1. Enna oru peeling maapla! [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogaesh,
    :) enna panradhu maapi, s/w industry la irundha kandadha nenachu feel panna vendi irukku :)

    Smiles,
    Vinayak

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember how our school lab attendant taught(??) us to remove mouse ball and clean it for better functionality :P
    Nowadays we are so used to scratch pads that we hardly use mouse !

    P.S:Could you please remove this word verfication and comment window pop up.It would be easy to post comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ramya ...
    Thanks for the comments .. yeah, this is the laptop era. Still I am using my laptop as desktop :D .. so, cant stay away from mouse ..

    Waise, I have left the word verification on to stop spam. Somehow unattended blogs are being spammed (like mine). I havent realized the pop-up stuff! Shall remove it, thanks for suggesting

    Smiles,
    Vinayak

    ReplyDelete
  7. think about people who are working in laptops and feel better :D

    'pazhayana kazhidhalum, pudhiyana pugudhalum' maatra mudiyaadhavai machi...romba peel pannaadha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sln ..
    Aama da, laptop touchpad is much more frustrating
    olunga oru Minesweeper kooda velayada mudiyadhu :)

    Hmm... vazhkaila evlo munnukku ponaalum, pazhasa marakka koodadhu num sollirukkanga! Adhaan indha vetti post :)
    Thanks da for Visiting ...
    Cheers,
    Vinayak

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey quite a "feelings" post :)) i remember , in our college lab ,cleaning the mouse ball was so much fun ;)

    and its true , our emotions reflects on how we use the mouse.i'm not comfy using the touchpad and its monday and my mouse is so unfortunate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prasanna,
    ... yeah ... mouse is one of the coolest of gadgets ... in this era of notebooks, its slowly dying :( ... LOL on "feelings" post ...

    Thanks for visiting my space ... been sometime since I visited myself :)

    Smiles,
    Vinayak

    ReplyDelete